- The Contract will be between Any Floor Treatment Specialist Ltd. whose registered office is: Vermeulens, Garden Centre, Horton Road, TW19 6AE trading under the name Silver Lining Floor Care (hereinafter referred to as the Contractor) and the Customer whose name and address is detailed on the accepted quotation for services provided by the Contractor.
- Paid deposit by the Customer indicates acceptance of the Contractor’s Quotation[s] and includes acceptance of these Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Any variation or addition to these Standard Terms and Conditions resulting from the work to be carried out or the materials to be supplied will be detailed separately and notified to the client for acceptance within the Quotation. Such additions or variations will apply in conjunction with these Standard Terms and Conditions except where specifically indicated and agreed otherwise.
- All parties acting jointly as the Customer i.e. commercial enterprises and domestic parties etc. shall be jointly liable for the terms of the contract.
- Quotations shall remain open for acceptance by the Customer for a period of 90 days unless otherwise indicated and subject to the Contractor receiving reasonable notice to commence the work as detailed, at an agreed date and time.
- All prices stated in the contract shall be held for a period of 12 months, unless agreed otherwise, with the exception of Government taxes and levies which shall be applicable as directed.
- Cleaning is defined as the removal of surface dirt, debris and grease and shall be commensurate with the use, age and condition of the floor and considered separate to any pre-existing damage, staining and surface treatment or a renovation or repair work required.
- The Contractor agrees to carry out the work as detailed on the Quotation accepted by the clients in a timely, professional and competent manner and to meet with all regulatory certification and safety standards at all times.
- The Contractor assures that all operatives involved with the work shall be appropriately qualified for the work they undertake and further, that all apprentices and non-skilled operatives shall be properly instructed and supervised at all times.
- The Contractor agrees to comply with all Health and Safety requirements and directives as issued by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) in respect of all parties (customers, workers, the public and other persons) as related to and relevant to the Contractor's work.
- The Contractor obligates that all materials supplied under the contract shall be of the standard specified within the quotation to the Customer and in all cases comply with the current British, European or International Standard as appropriate.
- The Contractor warrants that all equipment used in fulfilling the Contract shall be of the appropriate type, and safety standard at all times.
- The Customer shall ensure that access to the premises and area of the works is cleared of furniture and any other impediments and is available to the Contractor at all working times, generally Monday to Friday 08.00 to 17.00, unless otherwise agreed and specified between the contractor and client.
- In the event that the Contractor agrees to move the client's furniture and or possessions as part of the quotation, every care shall be taken by the Contractor to protect items moved. However the Contractor shall not be liable for any damage caused during the removal and or replacement of the items.
- The Customer is obligated to ensure that the premises/area of work is appropriately protected from access during hours of work by the Contractor and further that unauthorised access is prohibited during hours of non-work by the Contractor.
- The Customer is responsible for the removal of all personal items, valuable items, foodstuffs and any other products or items from the area of work prior to the work commencing. The contractor shall not be liable, either directly or via a third party, for any items left in the designated work area or access to the work area.
- The Customer shall be responsible for the provision of services and facilities (electricity, water and toilets etc.), for use by the Contractor's operatives at all times during the period of work, unless prior specific alternative arrangements are agreed.
- Where the Customer employs other trades or companies involved in the same project as the Contractor, it shall be the Customer's responsibly to organise the other parties and to avoid any impedance of the contract. Any delay in fulfilling the contract causing costs to the Contractor, as a result of other trades or Client requirements shall be itemisedby the Contractor and it shall be the responsibility of the Customer to defray such costs.
- Permits, fees or charges levied by any statutory authority, company or organisation shall be the responsibility of the Customer unless otherwise specified and agreed accordingly.
- Unless otherwise specifically agreed and documented the Customer shall be responsible for any incidental redecoration or other works resulting from the Contractor carrying outthe requested work.
- At the completion of the work an authorised representative of the Customer shall inspect the work and sign that the works have been completed to the customer's satisfaction.
Variations and Changes to Quoted Work
- Requested variations or additions to accepted Quotations and works (including the basis of the agreed charge) shall be agreed, confirmed in writing and signed by both parties. Or if appropriate, subject to a separate quotation for signed acceptance by the Customer.
Timescale for Works:
- Where a specific timescale and date for the completion of the works is agreed by both parties this will be noted on the quotation. The Contractor shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising out of delay in the completion of the contract due to any cause outside of the Contractor's control.
- The Customer agrees to pay the Contractor's quoted price including such taxes as levied by the Government at the rate applicable at the time in accordance with the following terms, unless otherwise specifically agreed:
- Domestic Clients: A 25% (twenty five percent) deposit of the quoted amount is required to reserve the required dates for the work with payment of the outstanding quoted balance on completion of the work.
- Commercial Clients: A 10% (ten percent) deposit of the quoted amount is required to reserve the required dates for the work with a further 15% (fifteen percent) payable on the day of commencement of the works. Payment of the outstanding quoted balance to be within 30 days of submission of the final invoice.
Any variations to the standard payment terms (including interim material or stage payments etc.) will only be if agreed by the Contractor and specified accordingly.
- Payment of the Contractor’s tax invoice must be made using any of the following means: BACS, Credit Card, Debit Card or Cash. Cheques will only be accepted by prior agreementand maybe subject to verification at the Contractor's discretion.
- Overdue invoices will, at the discretion of Contractor be charged at the prevailing UK Government recommended rate of interest for overdue accounts.
- The Contractor shall retain full title to any goods, materials and equipment supplied until payment of the full invoiced amount is received.
- In the event of default by the client in respect of any sums due, the Customer will be liable for all costs incurred by the Contractor in recovering the outstanding amount.
Guarantees and Indemnities
- The Contractor guarantees that it will maintain Employee and Public Liability Insurance at all times and provide evidence of such Insurance upon request.
- The Contractor guarantees all work and materials for 1 (one) year from the date of completion. Such guarantee shall not be applicable for normal use and traffic and consequentwear and tear, nor in the event of a change of use and/or a significant increase of traffic or use outside of that originally indicated or as a result of misuse.
- The customer shall be responsible for ensuring the safe keeping and insuring as appropriate all equipment delivered to the work premises in preparation for work to be undertaken.
- Following acceptance of the Contractor's quotation for the work to be carried out, if for any reason the Customer should wish to cancel or terminate the contract the Customer will be liable for all reasonable related costs and losses of the Contractor up to the date of termination.
- Such costs will be itemised (with appropriate supporting evidence) for the Customer and invoiced for immediate payment. The costs will include, but not be limited to; labour, administration, charges incurred, materials and equipment purchased, including goods ordered but not received and freight and restocking charges which may be applied by suppliers and loss of work as a result of dates booked. All such termination costs shall include the Contractor's usual profit element up to the date of termination.
- All notifications and communication between the Contractor and the Customer shall be made to the usual registered address or usual electronic address of either party.
- Notifications and communications can be provided by post (including registered mail), courier or by e-mail. Where receipt of a notification is required it should be requested by the sender. All notifications and communications should be retained.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
- Both Parties shall at all times respect the confidentiality of all information related to the contract and at all times observe the requirements of the UK General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Any contract between the Customer and the Contractor shall be covered under the Law of England and Wales.